[gdal-dev] Colored images from grayscale images.

Belaid MOA belaid_moa at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:47:56 EDT 2009

Thank you very much Andre for your help. I tried downloading the source code from the website
http://www.perrygeo.net/download/gdaldemtools_20060207.zip but I am getting a 404 error: resource not found.
Is there any other way to get the source code?

 Thanks a lot in advance Andre.
Belaid Moa.
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 11:30:17 -0700
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] Colored images from grayscale images.
From: randre at gmail.com
To: belaid_moa at hotmail.com
CC: gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org

As far as coloring goes, Matt Perry had some C++ tools that included this ability, see http://www.perrygeo.net/wordpress/?p=7 and look for color-relief.cpp.  I recall that there was some talk that these would be included in the GDAL utilities at some point, perhaps they already are.  Depending on what you intend to use the image for, I agree that using Mapserver might be the best solution for doing this, especially since generating the legend would be trivial.