[Gdal-dev] mean of pixel stack

Neil Best nbest at ci.uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 14 11:19:42 EDT 2009

Greg Fiske wrote:

> Does anyone have some code (or methodology) that they are willing to share
> that will take a stack of images and return the mean or std dev. of each
> pixel stack (pixels that occupy the same space), while ignoring a user
> define pixel value?

Greg, I am pretty sure that you could do this in GRASS by first applying
MASKs to your input layers so that the values that you want to ignore appear
NULL and then use r.series method=average, off the top of my head.  Of
course this might mean installing GRASS, loading your data, etc.  Are you
comfortable with that prospect?  I can help you with that off-list if you
like.

Neil