[Gdal-dev] GDAL and ECW

Daniele Romagnoli daniele.romagnoli at geo-solutions.it
Mon Jul 20 09:58:48 EDT 2009

Hi,
we have already done it for ImageIO-Ext (a Java project which uses GDAL).
You can take a look on the Imageio-ext setup guide which is available at
[1].
It contains instructions to setup and build GDAL to support several external
formats, as well as instructions to build the java project.
You don't need to read all the guide but you could take a better look to the
following sections:
2.7.1.3, 2.7.2.4 , 2.7.3 (Only the introduction, no need to proceed with
2.7.3.1).

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Daniele

[1]:
https://imageio-ext.dev.java.net/files/documents/7505/124115/ImageioExt-SetupGuide.pdf

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 3:50 PM, jteasis <jdt113 at msstate.edu> wrote:

> I looked at the gdal website about hooking up ECW with GDAL on windows but
> it
> says it needs to be done. Who can do this and where do I get these
> instructions?
>

> Even Rouault wrote:
> >
> > Le Thursday 16 July 2009 18:08:33 jteasis, vous avez écrit :
> >> I am working towards getting a program using ECW and other formats. I
> >> have
> >> gotten my GDAL 1.5.4 to install with the rest but ECW is giving me
> >> problems. I was wondering if there was somebody who could help me figure
> >> out how to compile GDAL with ECW correctly. I would greatly appreciate
> >> it.
> >> Thank you.
> >
> > See http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildHints, section 'External
> Library
> > Issues'.
> > You could also fetch precompiled binaries with ECW support. See
> > http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadingGdalBinaries (not all of them
> > have
> > ECW support, but some yes)
> > And note that the latest stable version is GDAL 1.6.1.

Eng. Daniele Romagnoli
Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Carignoni 51