[gdal-dev] Reading ArcInfo binary grids with the R rgdalpackage fails with "GDAL Error 3: Attempt to read past EOF in..../arc.dir"

Jason Roberts jason.roberts at duke.edu
Wed Jul 22 14:53:31 EDT 2009

It sounds like you have figured out the problem. Is now the moment that I
should contact the rgdal developers and ask them to build rgdal against the
1.6 branch?

Currently it looks like rgdal is built against the 1.6.1 release. I'm not
sure if they'll want to build against the current 1.6 branch or want to wait
until 1.6.2. Do you know when 1.6.2 might be issued?

Jason