[Gdal-dev] GDAL and ECW

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Jul 23 12:08:51 EDT 2009

jteasis wrote:
> Well I fixed those 4 changes that i saw in the bin file, but still have the
> same errors. Would any other problems cause the error?

Sorry, I'm not a wizard. You quoted incomplete error messages:

1. Error	1	error C2059: syntax error : '<L_TYPE_raw>'
2. Error	2	error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'

These tell what happens but don't tell where (file, line).

Let me guess, the problem is caused by macros.

In file NCSJPCBuffer.h there is CNCSJPCBuffer wich static data members
which use the same names as Microsoft-specific macros defined by
Windows API / Visual C++:

static const UINT32 MAXUINT8

MAXUINT8 is a macro defined in BaseTsd.h file of Windows API.
Unfortunately, ECW does include BaseTsd.h indirectly (see stdafx.h which
sucks in ATL stuff).

Bad luck!

p.s. Another good reason for C/C++ hackers to believe
that macros *are* evil :-)