[gdal-dev] Python 1.6 bindings under Windows

Markus Reinhold markus.reinhold at uni-jena.de
Tue Jul 28 04:41:36 EDT 2009

Hej again,
thank you for the suggestions.

> Normally this is accomplished as a side effect of running gdal16.bat to
> switch to the GDAL 1.6 environment.  If you look at osgeo4w\bin\gdal16.bat
> you will see it does:
>
>   SET PYTHONPATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\gdal-16\pymod;%PYTHONPATH%

As a matter of fact I have run gdal16.bat before, however the changes
were only in effect within the shell of OSGeo4W. So to make the switch
permanent one would have to set and/or change the environment variables
used in the batch for the whole system accordingly?

> The gdal.VersionInfo() function returns the version using
> GDALVersionInfo().

I'm pretty sure I had searched gdal.py for some sort of version property
but at that time to no avail. Turns out I haven't looked thoroughly
enough... Sorry to bother you.

Thanks again.
Regards,
Markus