[gdal-dev] OGR OCI Driver improvement

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 29 12:01:24 EDT 2009

Nicolas Simon wrote:
> Dear developpers,
>
> I use OCI driver for a while and I found some problems
>
> These problems are blocking for me and I already have solution for some
> of them.
>
> My firsts questions are organisational.
> What to do to have the code I proposed tested by other people sharing
> the same problem ?
> How to get these patch included in the main trunk for a future release
> of GDAL ?

Nicolas,

Please attach the fixes to the tickets in question (and add yourself to the
cc:list).  Create new tickets for issues for which tickets do not yet exist.
Please ensure fixes are provided against trunk if possible.

If you are interested in becoming a longer term contributor - perhaps with
primary responsibility for the OCI driver - we could pursue that issue after
some of these fixes have at least been reviewed.

Unfortunately, my oracle development environment isn't that conveniently
accessable, but I could drop into it for a bit to try and test and apply
your patches when they are all available.  It would be very helpful for you
to include simple means to demonstrate the problems and confirm the fixes
- ideally leading to additional test suite tests.