[gdal-dev] JPEG format - TestCapability

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 29 16:35:16 EDT 2009

Belaid MOA wrote:
> Thank you all for your reply.
>
> Somehow I could not get TestCapability to work.  I get the compilation
> error: "class GDALDriver has no member named TestCapability". According
> to the gdal_priv.h and GDAL Doc, the GDALDriver class does not have
> TestCapability function.
> Am I missing something?

Belaid,

TestCapability() is actually an OGR method.  In GDAL we test for particular
capability related metadata items. In GDAL you could test for the Create()
method being supported with the following:

         if( GDALGetMetadataItem( hDriver, GDAL_DCAP_CREATE, NULL ) != NULL )
             ... we have Create support ...