[gdal-dev] OGR OCI Driver improvement

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 31 16:56:34 EDT 2009

Nicolas Simon wrote:
> Franck,
>
> 	I'm interested in becoming a longer term contributor for the OCI driver.
>
> 	What format do you prefer for fixes ?  Patch format against main trunk ?

Nicolas,

An "svn diff" patch against trunk is the most convenient form for
patches.

> 	I 'll also provide test to demonstrate the problem and the fix.
>
> 	Is there a standard way to provide test suite ?

There is a standard form for test suite entries, but for the
purposes of demonstrating things I'm flexible.  The test suite
is in Python so if you needed to script a demonstration doing
it in Python would be convenient.

FYI, the existing oracle suite suite script is at:

  	http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/autotest/ogr/ogr_oci.py