[gdal-dev] reload of layer definition without closing dataset

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Jun 4 17:38:50 EDT 2009

You can't. By doing OGR_DS_ExecuteSQL, you by-pass OGR and it cannot know that
you have altered the definition. Reloading is the only safe solution.

Proper fix : add support for a DeleteField() method at the OGR Layer level.
See http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2671. It would require someone pushing
a RFC on that.