[gdal-dev] Re: GDAL/ArcObjects based app crashes with newer GDAL versions (was How to delete shapefile)

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Jun 18 17:45:18 EDT 2009

Clay, Bruce wrote:
> If I try to link to the gdal_i.lib then the program does not crash
> but it does not let me step into any of the methods even though it is
> a debug library and no GDAL functions work.

This is unrelated to GDAL. You better refer MSDN to solve this
kind of problems. This should help too:

http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2009/05/11/pdb-files-what-every-developer-must-know.aspx

> You mentioned "configuration".  Does GDAL 1.6 and new code require
> some configuration on Windows XP that was not required before?

I meant configuration of your environment: installation of GDAL,
building configuration of you program, ensure you are linking against
binaries you are expecting and you are including coresponsding headers
in case you host more than one version of GDAL on your machine,
etc.

Meaning, factors unrelated to GDAL, but your system, that may cause
problems.