[gdal-dev] DTED Level 1 to Level 0

Aaron Brown aaron.j.brown at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 22 09:32:56 EDT 2009

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the fast reply and also attaching a subject line, i forgot all about that... :S

I had read that link before and i understand the basic differences between DTED levels 0 and 1 however I'm truely stuck at where to start.  The task was given to me by a co-worker when I was telling him about my interest in learning to program when I stumbled across gdal.  I have read various documentation on gdal but still don't fully understand how to use it.  Would you be able to point me towards some useful examples?

I'm not sure how to specify which DTED level you wish to write, however I did try "gdal_translate -of DTED DTED/E150/S22.DT1 DTED/E150/S22.DT0" however i'm fairly certain the output was really DTED Level 1.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Aaron