[gdal-dev] Maps with GCP in C#

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 17:23:37 EDT 2009

Patrik,

You could do something like:

GCP[] GCPs = dataset.GetGCPs();
double[] adfGeoTransform= new double[6];
Gdal.GCPsToGeoTransform(GCPs, adfGeoTransform, 0);

// apply the transformation
dfGeoX = adfGeoTransform[0] + adfGeoTransform[1] * X + adfGeoTransform[2] *
Y;
dfGeoY = adfGeoTransform[3] + adfGeoTransform[4] * X + adfGeoTransform[5] *
Y;

// calculate the inverse (handling det=0 would also be required)
double det = adfGeoTransform[1] * adfGeoTransform[5] - adfGeoTransform[2] *
adfGeoTransform[4];
X = ((dfGeoX - adfGeoTransform[0]) * adfGeoTransform[5] - (dfGeoY -
adfGeoTransform[3]) * adfGeoTransform[2]) / det;
X = ((dfGeoY - adfGeoTransform[3]) * adfGeoTransform[1] - (dfGeoX -
adfGeoTransform[0]) * adfGeoTransform[4]) / det;

BTW: I recall I already have an open ticket to add these functions (by
exposing GDALApplyGeoTransform and GDALInvGeoTransform would be sufficient)
in the SWIG interface
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1531

Best regards,

Tamas