[gdal-dev] Re: gdal2tiles dateline gap

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:16:01 EDT 2009

Hi Jeff,

Adding list, just in case there is additional input on this.

Yes, but the solution I found may not be applicable to your use-case.
I needed to create Google Map tiles in spherical mercator projection,
not Google Earth KML, so I was able to use TileCache with MapServer to
generate them.  I found that I had more flexibility using that
solution, than I did using the gdal2tiles tool.

I should also add that when I used input data that was already in
sperical mercator projection, I was unable to get data all the way out
to the edges of their defined extents.  You might try converting the
input data to EPSG:4326 first, then see what you get out of
gdal2tiles.  I believe it can handle the reprojection for you
on-the-fly.

Roger