[gdal-dev] GDAL warp problem

Florian Hillen fhillen at uni-osnabrueck.de
Wed Mar 18 08:18:29 EDT 2009

Hi list,

I'm currently working on a gdal reproject plugin for quantum gis. I'm
confronted with following problem:

I found a warp tutorial [1] for a simple reprojection yesterday, but it
doesn't work as it should.
The code creates a new GTiff with a new coordinate system, but the warp
seems to fail, because the coordinates are the same as in the origin. The
function GDALSuggestedWarpOutput already calculates the wrong output size,
so I think the error must be somewhere around the function
GDALCreateGenImgProjTransformer. If I warp the image with console-based
gdalwarp (gdalwarp -s_srs epsg:31467 -t_srs epsg:4326 src dst) everything
works out fine.

I read somewhere in the web, that it might caused by a wrong path to the
gdal or proj libary, but I tried both dll paths (msys\bin and msys\lib).

Does anyone of you can support me in that?

Best regards,
Florian

[1] http://www.gdal.org/warptut.html