[gdal-dev] [SOLVED] GDAL crashing on Ubuntu 8.10

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Mar 18 17:53:59 EDT 2009

2009/3/18 Even Rouault <even.rouault at mines-paris.org>:
> Thanks Markus.
>
> However I'm a bit concerned that this bug appears to have been known since a
> few months by some distro, not only Ubuntu... Distro bug trackers are
> certainly a useful thing, but unfortunately what comes in them has a high
> change of getting unnoticed here. Not sure how that could get improved, as
> some bugs may also be very distro specific and would probably not interest us
> much. Frustrating situation...

Well, in this case I was watching them because these complaints came to
us ("GRASS failing on Ubuntu") which turned out to be a GDAL problem which
then triggered the bug and I looked at it and posted back your notice..  :-)

Indeed, not that bad (I was too lazy to also post it to the Fedora tracker).

Yes, the link between OSGeo projects and *some* distro trackers is to
be improved while other distros already started to better communicate (it
should be in *their* interest, too!).

Best
Markus