[gdal-dev] gdal make error : installing map server

Pwint Phyu Aung phyu108 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 00:58:03 EDT 2009

Hi there!
          I'd an install error about gdal-1.6.0.
I tried to install Map server on my solaris 10 intel server.
I 'd already installed all the necessary packages like gcc, php, mysql etc.
Then I configure gdal like
./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config --without-python
--without-ogr --without-pg --with-php
 and I got the error message in make stage:
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/gdalinfo
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [gdalinfo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/gdal-1.6.0/apps'
make: *** [apps-target] Error 2

Then I tried to configure by enabling ogr
./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config --without-python
--without-pg --with-php
but still got the same error.
How to fix that one?
Please help me.

And I've no idea exactly for what is the difference for enabling ogr or not?
If anyone know, please advice me.
Hope anyone can give me a helping hand.
Thanks.

Pwint