[Gdal-dev] C# fix for supporting the libtool builds

turtlewax fevans at harris.com
Tue Mar 24 11:01:48 EDT 2009

Tamas:

I've been working on the Mono bindings for gdal for months now. All these steps look like they might solve my problem, but I'm having trouble translating them into actions. For example:

2. $(LD) should be used instead of $(LD_SHARED) when linking the
shared libraries with libtool.

Do I define this in the swig/csharp/GNUMakefile, or with a ./configure command, or with an environment variable?

3. Should use $(SO_EXT) as the shared object extension (in every case)

Ditto for SO_EXT. Where do I define these?