[gdal-dev] Tickets 2385 and 2683 (ECW and MrSID plugins)

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon May 4 05:38:58 EDT 2009

2009/5/4 Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com>

> Actually, this support is present for windows binary distributions of QGIS,
> provided the user takes the steps described at the end of page
> http://sites.google.com/site/eospansite/qsig-for-windows
> (mainly thanks to directions provided by Micha Silver) for example. But
> the same type of solution does not exist for any binary distribution of
> QGIS
> for Linux.

Agustin,

I have an impression that this is because the GDAL Windows builds support
building ECW as a plugin but this is not the case with the linux builds by
default, isn't it?
By this means it would indeed be reasonable to establish the counterpart of
this option (like Frank suggested by using a --with-ecw-as-plugin option) in
the default configuration mechanism, but using a completely different
compilation line would be quite undesired.

Feel free to open up a ticket in this topic, I hope someone will be able to
take care of it (patches are welcomed).

Best regards,

Tamas