[gdal-dev] Overwriting Georeferencing Information of a GeoTIFF file

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue May 5 07:53:25 EDT 2009

Hi GDAL users/developers,

Is it possible to overwrite georeferencing information of an existing
geotiff file? For some reasons, some of the files I received have
georeferencing information in Millimeters instead of Meters. All of my
data uses meters as units.

I thought that maybe it is possible to create a tfw file and modify the
tfw file, but since the tiff file also has the original georeferencing
information in millimeters, the internal georeferencing still takes
precedence over the external tfw file. Is there some way to force gdal to
prefer the tfw file?

If not - what else could I do? Write different projection files?

Actually, I don't want to modify the rasters at all, just the
georeferencing information.

Thanks for any hints,
Andreas

--