[gdal-dev] Converting big Intergraph cit files

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed May 6 02:58:15 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to convert Intergraph cit files. While it works perfectly fine
for medium-size cit files it fails for bigger cit files. I get the
following error message:

user at server:/home/www/mapserverdata/lk_alt$ gdal_translate -of GTiff
-a_srs EPSG:21781 -a_nodata 0 -co 'TFW=YES' -co 'COMPRESS=PACKBITS' -co
'NBITS=1' /home/an/server/geonis/UsterAV01/LK_Raster/B_Kirchuster/b04.cit
b04.tif
Input file size is 46368, 46368
0ERROR 6: Too big block : 46368 * 46368
ERROR 6: Too big block : 46368 * 46368
ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 0, Y block offset 0

Files with sizes below 30000 x 30000 pixels convert fine.

I know, those eccentric Intergraph raster files are going to die/fade
away, anyway - that's why I want to convert them to something more
mainstream ...

Is there any compile-time switch or a commandline option I could use to
work around the problem with bigger cit files?

http://www.gdal.org/frmt_intergraphraster.html doesn't list any size
limitations with the intergraph drivers.

Thanks,
Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann