[gdal-dev] where is the source code of gdaldem

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed May 6 14:38:43 EDT 2009

Mo,

If you read carefully the very top of the page, you'll see that the utility
will only be available in GDAL 1.7.0, so it's normal you don't find it in
gdal-1.6.0

Mateusz also quoted http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2975. Currently, there
is a discussion between the GDAL and GRASS projects about the proper
licencing & copyright attribution ot this utility (that may be removed from
GDAL depending on the outcome of the discussion). So I'd encourage you to
avoid distributing or reusing the current source code in SVN until this
ticket has been closed and we can confirm that X/MIT licence is appropriate.

Thank you,

Even