Re: [gdal-dev] how to access Image palette in HDF files

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Thu May 7 09:14:16 EDT 2009

Hi JoSn,

If you can't get it from GetColorTable() I believe that the problem is that the HDF driver doesn't recognize the internal schema of the files you have. If
it was one of the well know formats it should work, like if you download MODIS Vegetation product for example. So I can foresee three options for
you:

- If that is a well know HDF product, file a ticket as a request for improvement, if not:

- If you need to process several files of that product the color tables should be the same: use some kind of HDF tool to dump the colors on a text file
and edit a GDAL VRT file. Maybe you can find the text code in plain text on the product description.

- Try to access the HDFEOS libraries from your C# code - that is the hard one - and find the color table yourself.

I hope that it helps,

Ivan