[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.6.1 RC2 Released

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon May 11 23:40:39 EDT 2009

Just got done testing RC1... Autotests all OK on OSX except for a new
failure:

   TEST: tiff_ovr_10: tiff_ovr_10_interverted ... ERROR 1:
TIFFFetchDirectory:tmp/ovr10.tif: Can not read TIFF directory count
ERROR 1: TIFFReadDirectory:Failed to read directory at offset 1276248064
fail
     Failed to open copy of test dataset.

Also, I noticed that gdalbuildvrt was added to the default build
(#2987).  No complaints, but I thought it was going to wait for 1.7
release.  Is there going to be a new doc package with a help file for
this?

On May 11, 2009, at 10:18 PM, Howard Butler wrote:

> All,
>
> The GDAL team is pleased to announce the release of GDAL 1.6.1 RC2.
> According to the roadmap for both the 1.5.x and 1.6.x bugs, ~ 120
> bugs have been addressed in this release.   Because this is our
> first maintenance release in the 1.6 series, and the list is quite
> large, I am not posting the list of bugs fixed in this email.
> Navigate to <http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/Release/1.6.1-News> to
> see if your pet burr has been excised.
>
> * http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal-1.6.1-RC2.tar.gz
> * http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal161-RC2.zip
>
> The following issues have been addressed since RC1:
>
> GeoRaster GeoTransform issue - http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2990
> SetProjection and jpeg-compressed GeoTIFFs - http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2988
> GDALOpenShared dataset closing - http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/
> 2897
>
> Howard

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro