[gdal-dev] SQL Server (V 2008) Driver?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri May 22 18:19:19 EDT 2009

Hi Stefan

I've been asked to implement SQL Server 2008 support in OGR, and add data
source creation support with the ODBC driver, but the company finally
couldn't sponsor this project so this effort have been stopped.

The current ODBC implementation can connect to the SQL Server databases but
the geometry field can only be a valid WKB binary field or a WKT text field.
Your could also use the OGR VRT driver attached to the ODBC driver to
extract point geometries from X,Y coordinates in a non-spatial database
table.

Best regards,

Tamas