[gdal-dev] SWIG bindings motions

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sat May 23 07:45:51 EDT 2009

2009/5/23 Francesco Paolo Lovergine <frankie at debian.org>

> If the swig stuff was by default auto-regenerated at building time we could
> have
> some problems from time to time in Debian/Ubuntu, due to recurrent
> problems in moving from one distributed swig version to another. We found
> problems in 1.3.38 and possibly all previously used versions after lenny
> release, for
> instance (on the python side). At the same time, sometimes regenerating is
> required, but
> that's generally something which is better left to builders and
> packagers IMHO.

Francesco,

Did you mention about building GDAL from SVN on by using the release source
packages? I think we are about to support including the SWIG generated stuff
in the release packages, but take that out of the SVN version control. In
this regard you could probably compile the release source packages without
problems.

In case if you'd build directly from the SVN you'll require to install the
supported SWIG version in your development machine.

Best regards,

Tamas