[gdal-dev] Building a Mercator Image from Un-projected data.. Major confusion and help requested.

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Nov 2 16:38:45 EST 2009

Cassanova, Bill wrote:
> I am looking to gain a better understanding of how I can use GDAL to
> build a Mercator Image from un-projected data.

Do you need to write your own code for this?, or could you just use the
  gdalwarp utility? (maybe after converting to a format gdal knows).

If you do need your own code, you might look at the gdalwarp code.

Which brings up a question I could answer by reading the source, but
since I'm here:

Is the core warping functionality in the GDAL API (and wrapped for
Python?), or in the gdalwarp code -- I may need to do some warping in
code as well.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov