[gdal-dev] "Minimalist" GDAL 1.6.2 / 1.6.3 binaries for Windows to work around Xerces binary conflicts?

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Mon Nov 16 15:38:23 EST 2009

Jason,

In what concerns TheMathWorks (Matlab), it's not only xercers that you
must worry about but also netCDF, zlib1 and very likely some others. For
example many ML releases used an old, or not compatible, zlib1.dll that
simply got in the way and screwed everything. Now they are more modern
and use manifest, which potentially screw you in the same way.
I solved that by creating (recompiling) zlib1, netcdf, libjpeg, ... with
different names so that they be called and used peacefully from my GDAL
based mexs (which don't link against Xerces).

Joaquim Luis