[gdal-dev] trying to change regionator image resampling to nearest-neighbor

Klokan Petr Přidal klokan at klokan.cz
Fri Nov 20 05:32:55 EST 2009

Hi,

> Unfortunately, the man page has no description of the expected format for
> input_file.  My input file is a .png image of an area of the Himalayas in a
> lat/lon projection.  I have corner points, of course, but they're not in the
> .png (as far as I know!) My question now is how do I go about telling
> gdal2tiles how to georeference my image?  I want to generate the kml
> superoverlay information, so isn't it going to need that to produce the
> superoverlay?

There are several ways how you can assign georeference with with the
gdal tools. If you are fine with command line then I recommend to
follow the tutorial created by Mano Marks (a Google employe):
http://code.google.com/apis/kml/articles/raster.html

Even easier is probably to use the MapTiler graphical user interface
where you are guided in a step by step wizard.
You can download installer for MapTiler application here:
http://code.google.com/p/maptiler/downloads/list

Regards,

Klokan Petr Pridal
--