[gdal-dev] Re: Is epsg text file read at all when re-projecting with FWTools?

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Nov 20 05:18:16 EST 2009

Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam <at> pobox.com> writes:

 > Both my codes, 2393 and 3067 are included in pcs.csv thus I believe I must
> > edit pcs.override.csv.
>
> Essentially yes.

I was fiddling with pcs.csv, gcs.csv and corresponding override files in and
managed to get the system into such state that piecewise reprojecting from
epsg:2393 to 3067 by making a temporary epsg:4326 version in between gives
correct result, while direct reprojecting from 2393->3067 gives a different and
faulty result. My conclusion is to forget the csv files and continue to use
+proj strings for giving projections to ogr2ogr. It is not handy but it is
reliable and I know for sure what is going to happen.

-Jukka-