[gdal-dev] GDALFillNodata link error

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 23 13:05:41 EST 2009

Yilmaz Arslanoglu wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> In version 1.6.2 and 1.6.3, the usage of the function
> "GDALFillNodata" gives a linker error, since "rasterfill.obj" is not
> listed under OBJ
> in "Makefile.vc" under "gdal\alg". However, it is listed in the
> current development version ( 1.7 )
>
> Does this mean that the function GDALFillNodata is not intended to be
> used before 1.7 ?

Yilmaz,

The fill nodata support was not really fully finished in 1.6, and it
seems it was accidentally omitted from the windows makefile.  I see it
is in the unix GNUmakefile.   You can try it from 1.6, but you are better
off doing it in the 1.7/trunk tree if you want something dependable.

> As another question, is there a way to access somehow the iso8211
> functionality ( DDFModule etc. )
> via gdal library, or do we need to compile it as a seperate dll ? I
> tried to build the makefile under
> "gdal\frmts\iso8211" with "iso8211.dll" option, but it gives linker
> errors with this option as follows:

There are a bunch of library interfaces that are considered to be internal
to GDAL and these are generally declared with CPL_ODLL instead of CPL_DLL.
If you add:

#define CPL_OPTIONAL_APIS 1

in gdal/port/cpl_config.h or somewhere else appropriate it should cause
these interfaces to be exported from the GDAL DLL instead of being hidden
as they are by default.  I have confirmed this includes the iso8211
interfaces.

It would appear the local makefile targets for building a DLL are out of
date and would need some TLC to build standalone.