[gdal-dev] ECW in Southern Hemisphere

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Thu Nov 26 10:19:17 EST 2009

I need to assist some agricultural projects using QGIS, and located in
the Southern Hemisphere. They have a large set of ECW imagery which
displays "up side down". It looks as if the images are rotated around
their northern edge.  The northern edge is at the bottom of the map, and
the southern edge at the top. Hope I've explained myself...
The imagery has no CRS in the metadata data but they are located in
UTM40S. The same images in Arcview display correctly...

Any ideas how to overcome this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Micha