[gdal-dev] ECW in Southern Hemisphere

Andrew Williams AWilliams at rapidmap.com
Thu Nov 26 19:24:08 EST 2009

It sounds like there is a companion file like a .PRJ, or something that is telling ArcView what to do with the image. Having no CRS in the ECW it's probably causing QGIS to just attempt to load the file and do the best it can.

Perhaps enquiring as to whether a companion file exists with the ECW set and then pushing this detail into the ECW header using something like ECW Header editor from ERM will correct the issue.