[gdal-dev] Problem with readraster in C#

patsv patsv at bredband.net
Sun Nov 29 03:01:14 EST 2009

Hi,  I am trying to read GDEM data from the ASTER dataset.

But all I get is a buffer with zeroes, is there something wrong with my code
or is it something with the readraster function.

Part of my code:

       Band band = ds.GetRasterBand(1);

       short[] DEM = new short[band.XSize * band.YSize];

       CPLErr Ret = band.ReadRaster(0, 0, band.XSize,band.YSize, DEM,
band.XSize, band.YSize, 2, band.XSize * 2);

       if (Ret != CPLErr.CE_None)

       {

                throw new Exception("Read error " + Ret.ToString());

       }

As mentioned above all I get is a buffer filled with Zeroes.

Thanks for a good library.

Regards

Patrik Svensson