[gdal-dev] Python-OGR not looping over more than 500 PGSQL features

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 09:21:05 EDT 2009

Matthieu,

GetFeatureCount in postgres driver is implemented with the COUNT()
function. ( http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/pg/ogrpgtablelayer.cpp#L1895
) So it was never returning more than 500 features. IMHO, the number
500 looks like an intentional limitation, probably set on the server
connection.

Chaitanya kumar CH.