[gdal-dev] gdalbuildvrt save relative paths

Greg Coats gregcoats at mac.com
Wed Oct 14 12:40:19 EDT 2009

I develop on one computer, and then deploy on other computers. For
example, I develop on a desktop computer with many external hard
drives, and then deploy on a notebook computer with only an internal
hard drive. Additionally, I develop using a desktop computer's
external hard drives, and then deploy on a DVD-ROM. In both cases, the
absolute path to the files changes, but the relative path to the files
is unchanged. This works well with QGIS 1.3.0 because QGIS supports
saving relative paths. The gdalbuildvrt man page is at http://www.gdal.org/gdalbuildvrt.html
How does one specify that gdalbuildvrt save relative paths, rather
than absolute paths?
Greg