[gdal-dev] HFA CreateCopy() not setting no data value

Kyle Shannon ksshannon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 15:54:02 EDT 2009

Hello All,
I am using python bindings to read a srtm data and create new hfa files.  If
I do not explicitly set the no data value for the band, it is not copied
over to the new dataset.  I am getting .aux files with the NoDataValue tag,
but the value is not copied to the dataset itself.  I checked the code for
CreateCopy() and did not find any call to SetNoDataValue().  Is there some
reason why the HFA driver doesn't do this?

Regards,

# ===================
Kyle Shannon
Physical Science Technician