[gdal-dev] gdal java binding jpip

Kunzman, Douglas DKUNZMAN at overwatch.textron.com
Mon Oct 26 13:12:07 EDT 2009

I am trying to compile the java samples under
http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/sandbox/normanb/
<http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/sandbox/normanb/>  for use with jpip.  I
believe this is a general gdal compile issue but I'm not sure.  I'm new
to gdal and have searched the web and have found no good information.
When I type

swig> -f makefile.vc java

Using Visual Studio 2005 and Win32/XP

I get the following error message,

        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\INCLUDE\string.h(215) : see declaration of 'stricmp'

gdal_wrap.cpp(1129) : warning C4996: 'stricmp': The POSIX name for this
item is

deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See
online help

for details.

        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\INCLUDE\string.h(215) : see declaration of 'stricmp'

gdal_wrap.cpp(4412) : error C2451: conditional expression of type 'void'
is illegal

        Expressions of type void cannot be converted to other types

gdal_wrap.cpp(4412) : error C2541: 'delete' : cannot delete objects that
are not

 pointers

gdal_wrap.cpp(4414) : error C2120: 'void' illegal with all types

I have been looked at the error message and they are implying that
gdal_wrapp.cpp is not standard C++?  Is this possible?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks Doug