[gdal-dev] driver paths - either/or

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Oct 28 14:58:56 EDT 2009

On Oct 28, 2009, at 1:25 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> I just noticed that when setting GDAL_DRIVER_PATH in the
>> environment, it overrides the paths configured into GDAL, instead
>> of adding to those paths.  Was this intentional?  Any way to tell
>> GDAL to *add* GDAL_DRIVER_PATH to the configured paths?
>> I want to override the installed GRASS plugin when starting up
>> GRASS to point to a version compatible with the GRASS being started.
>> ie:
>> installed plugin: gdal_ & ogr_GRASS v6.4
>> also installed as a plugin: gdal_ECW_JP2ECW
>> GDAL_DRIVER_PATH=/path/to/GRASS-6.5/lib/gdalplugins (gdal_ &
>> ogr_GRASS v6.5)
>> So, the v6.5 plugin is loaded, but now I don't have my ECW plugin.
>
> William,
>
> There is no way to ask that GDAL_DRIVER_PATH be added to the default
> path, but it can hold a list of directories so you can supply the new
> directory and the old directories.
>
> eg.
> GDAL_DRIVER_PATH=path/to/GRASS-6.5/lib/gdalplugins:/path/to/normal/
> gdal/plugins

I kinda figured I'd have to do something like that.  But then the
problem is discovering the configured paths.  Since I'm dealing with
my own distributions, I could assume what those paths are...

thanks anyways

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy