[Gdal-dev] shifting in modis data reprojection

agnes123 agnesyipck at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 03:37:53 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am now dealing with the reprojection of modis 500m data to WGS84 by
gdalwarp.

I defined the original and target projection parameters of modis data as

srs='+proj=sinu +R=6371007.181 +nadgrids=@null +wktext'
trs='+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs'

and found that the result still had y direction shifting.

Why would these happen?

Moreover,I merged a series of hdf files (by gdal_merge.py) and then
reprojected it. I noticed that some kind of shifting existed when compared
with the individual reprojected hdf file.

Did I do something wrong?

Regards,
Agnes