[gdal-dev] OGR about s_57

Randy randyqiuxy at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 1 11:34:20 EDT 2009

Hi, everyone,

   I¡¯m now interesting in displaying ENCs.

   I know the OGR can support the s57 format files and it can get some data
like point¡¢line¡¢polygon. But it cannot support the styles as Mr Frank
Warmerdam told me. Now, I have such questions:

1.       Where can I know what OGR does support and does not support about
s57 ? Does it get the symbols(no, right?)?

2.       If I have got the color and symbols, How could I know which kind of
color the line(or polygon or something else which I get with the help of
OGR) should match with?

3.       Has anyone done such things, can you help me something?

4.       I know the file ¡°IHO ECDIS Presentation Library¡± can help me but
I don¡¯t know how to get it, can you?

Thanks with your help and suggestion!

Best regards,

                    Randy