[gdal-dev] Are all Files of HDF5 Formats supported by Gdal with libhdf5?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Sep 7 10:07:56 EDT 2009

atubar wrote:
  > I have two copy of sample data, one is from Envi 4.3, and the other is
> from HDFview 2.5. The Envi's h5 file will take an erro of stack overflow
> while using GDALOpen method, and the other won't.
>
> What's the materr? Data or lib?

Atubar,

It is hard to know for use without the data.

I do know that there are HDF4 and HDF5 data products that GDAL cannot
read - either because it is not of 2+ dimensions (and so treatable
as image data) or because it is formatted in some fashion not
recognised by GDAL.  But even in these situations it is not acceptable
for the driver to crash the application.

So I would encourage you to file a ticket explaining the problem you
are encountering, and attach or point to the problem dataset(s).