[gdal-dev] which function can fetch some supplementary(but necessary) information of geometry from s-57 file?

Randy randyqiuxy at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 11:27:32 EDT 2009

Hi all,

1.       For instance, as respect to ¡°point¡± in s-57 files, I can get its
position with function ¡°GetX¡± and ¡°GetY¡± in OGR. However, I don¡¯t know
how to get other information about this ¡°point¡± .  I think at least the
point should tell me which symbol was placed in this position. I don¡¯t find
such function in class ¡°OGRPoint¡±, then does such function exist and if
the answer is yes, which one is it?

2.       As respect to a ¡°line¡± or ¡°polygon¡±, I assume it has
information like ¡° the line indicates depth contour¡±¡¢¡±the polygon
indicates Harbor area¡±¡­ Then, I can draw them with appropriate color
according to these information. Which function can tell me this?

Thanks, your answer will be appreciated!!

Best regards,

Randy