[gdal-dev] suggestion

Florian Mueller icephase26 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 05:59:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

Depending on your experience level with geospatial software I would
suggest starting with

1.) QGIS,  www.qgis.org
Nice for looking into raster data with some fancy functions, useable
for beginners as well

2.) GDAL API tutorial, http://www.gdal.org/gdal_tutorial.html
If you want to dive into programming using the GDAL lib, requires some
software development experience

Cheers,
Florian