[gdal-dev] Which files in the gdal/data directory are really used by gdal at run time?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 15:54:22 EDT 2009

Hi Devs,

Upon trying to create an installer for my application I'm a bit uncertain
about which files in the gdal/data directory should also be installed as a
prerequisit by the drivers.
I admit I might have searched for the file names in the gdal code in order
to find out which ones are really used, but this is not that task what I
really wanted to do.
In gdal/data we can find dozens of .csv, .wkt files and a couple of .dgn,
.svg and .png files. May I say that each of the .csv, .wkt are to be
installed and the others could be omitted for sure?

I would somewhat require to isolate the run-time files from the other
support files (may be in a different directory in SVN would be considerable)
or a common table to describe the file dependencies of the drivers would
also be helpful.

Best regards,

Tamas