[gdal-dev] 1.7 Release Planning

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Sep 21 10:55:55 EDT 2009

Howard Butler wrote:
> Speaking of which, are we going to release 1.7 on your birthday again?

Howard,

I would like to aim somewhat earlier - perhaps the end of October with
a bit of room to slip if needed.

Does anyone have particular features they want to see accomplished in time
for 1.7?

I'd like to see some sort of handling of utf-8 filenames on windows.

I'd like to see a new PCIDSK driver based on the new PCIDSK SDK.

I'd like to see WKT Raster in trunk.

I'd like to see serious progress on the bug list.