[gdal-dev] Why cannot I get all fields from s57 files with method GetFieldAsString?

Randy randyqiuxy at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 26 08:13:41 EDT 2009

Hi list,

Under Mr Frank and Mr Chaitanya¡¯s guidance, I try to get every feature¡¯s
field(including its name and value). But I find that I cannot get all
fields. The following is my code snippet(in MFC):

                    CString strEnd=¡±\r\n¡±;

                       int nFieldCount=0;

for(nFieldCount=0;nFieldCount<poFeature->GetFieldCount();nFieldCount++)

                       {

poFieldDefn=poFeature->GetFieldDefnRef(nFieldCount);

                           fieldName=poFieldDefn->GetNameRef();

fileFieldAttr.Write(fieldName,strlen(fieldName));

outputFieldAttr=poFeature->GetFieldAsString(nFieldCount);

fileFieldAttr.Write(outputFieldAttr+strEnd,strlen(outputFieldAttr)+2);

                       }

Then, what I got was as follows:

RCID3

PRIM1

GRUP2

OBJL9

RVER1

AGEN550

FIDN344289455

FIDS2233

LNAM0226148570AF08B9

LNAM_REFS(2:02261485702E08B9,02261485703208B9)

FFPT_RIND(2:2,2)

RCID4

PRIM1

GRUP2

OBJL39

¡­¡­¡­¡­

It means that I didn¡¯t get the feature¡¯s attribute field(ATTF) like ATTL¡¢
ATVL and feature¡¯s FSPT field(Feature Record to Spatial Record Pointer)
like ORNT¡¢USAG¡¢MASK.

Then who can tell me what¡¯s wrong with my code?

Thanks a lot!!!

Best Regards,

Randy.