[gdal-dev] KyngChaos Frameworks: GDAL's numpy vs Enthought's numpy

K.-Michael Aye kmichael.aye at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 09:51:41 EDT 2010

Hi!

I am using quite successfully KyngChaos' Frameworks for GDAL (Thank
you, William!) with a custom Python install from python.org on OSX.
This install already includes most of the stuff I need for my daily
work (numpy,scipy,matplotlib).
But sometimes I need something special like mayavi2 and for that I have
installed the Enthought Python Distribution (luckily for free for
academic use), but I can't use the existing GDAL framework because it
is based on numpy 1.3 and not on numpy 1.4.
If I try so, I get a weird 'Bus Error' message and Python just crashes.
Am I guessing right, that the only remedy would be to build GDAL for
Numpy 1.4 on my own?
Or would it be more recommendable to find an old Enthought, that still
uses Numpy 1.3?
Then I should be able to import gdal into the Enthought's Python, right?
Any advise would be appreciated!

Best regards,
Michael