[gdal-dev] how to use docs?

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 07:39:51 EDT 2010

Lucena, Ivan wrote:
> I am not familiar with Devhelp and I unaware that GDAL uses it. From what I saw on Wikipidea it looks like an interesting resource but do you know if it can be integrated with Doxygen? Does it process the same JavaDoc style annotation? If that is true I think there is a change that we might auto generate Devhelp by running a script or something like that.

I'm not familiar with Devhelp either, but I use GTK+ a lot and Devhelp
is a GTK+/GNOME browser, thus got interested. It seems that Devhelp
works on gtk-doc (http://www.gtk.org/gtk-doc/), which is a from comments
to docs project. However, gtk-doc page recommends Doxygen as a more
polished general-purpose documentation tool(!).

It also seems to me that the Docbook XML format, would be a good format
(and which Devhelp can read?), but it is not (yet) supported by Doxygen.
It is on a todo list though
(http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/todo.html).

Ari