[gdal-dev] Building GDAL with HDF4

logon logonee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 22:30:13 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am attempting to build gdal 1.7.1 with hdf4 4.2.5 on windows VS 2008.  I
built HDF with no problems, however when I try to build GDAL with HDF
(MODIFY nmake) it fails because of linker errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sample of errors......

1>hdf4imagedataset.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__GRgetlutid referenced in function "public: static class GDALDataset *
__cdecl HDF4ImageDataset::Open(class GDALOpenInfo *)"
(?Open at HDF4ImageDataset@@SAPAVGDALDataset@@PAVGDALOpenInfo@@@Z)
1>hdf4imagedataset.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__GRattrinfo referenced in function "public: static class GDALDataset *